The same great taste of apple crisp in an easily portable, mess-free cookie!
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature.
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons yogurt (I used salted caramel Greek yogurt)
1/4 cup apple cider
1 large apple (I used Spygold)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and small dice the apple. Place apple pieces on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 2 minutes to soften apples. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in the cooled apple, the yogurt, and the apple cider.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and oats and combine.
- Drop by scoop or teaspoonful onto a baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper first).
- Bake for 8-10minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight storage bag or container. These cookies freeze well.